I came across this article in Wired Magazine talking about the 10 Annoying Habits of a Geeky Spouse.
- Using “frak,” or Klingon, or both, instead of regular swear words
- Weird or over-the-top ways of celebrating mainstream holidays
- Disecting movies
- Wearing obscurely geeky T-shirts to “normal” places
- Requiring extra room in the house for geeky things
- Geeky toys and decorations can be hard to explain to kids
- Looking up information while a discussion/argument is still in progress
- Needing to watch certain TV shows ASAP to avoid spoilers
- Geeky projects that take over the house and whole weekends
While I was glad I am only guilty of seven habits and not all ten, I thought I would share as suggested conversation at your next Nerd Dinner. As a side note, I would venture a guess that items one, two, and three may be the difference between having a spouse (or significant other) and not unless of course you are both geeks and then who cares about the list.